We at Taylor Brook Animal Hospital believe it is so very important for all pets to have regular annual physical exams including parasite screenings. Unlike humans, pets often give no indication that there is anything wrong until a problem is advanced and more difficult to treat. Annual preventive care visits give us the opportunity to give your pet a thorough physical exam, look for subtle changes, talk about your pet’s lifestyle, and answer any questions you have.
To emphasize the importance of yearly checkups, we are offering a Free Vaccines for Life Program! This is a simple and cost effective plan to give your pet the regular and personalized care they deserve. We follow the vaccination recommendations of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) to tailor our vaccination protocol based on your pet’s lifestyle.
Enrollment: How will the program work?
For each adult pet you wish to enroll, there is a onetime enrollment fee of $99. Enrollment for Puppies and Kittens (20 weeks of age or younger) is a onetime fee of $125.00– this is because during the first 4 to 6 months they receive more vaccines than an adult dog or cat. After enrollment, your pet will receive the vaccines offered by this program for free for the rest of their life, as long as they come to Taylor Brook Animal Hospital. The enrollment fee is per pet and is nonrefundable and nontransferable. If your pet passes away or is lost, it cannot be transferred to a new pet or to a new owner if you are to give your pet away.
What vaccines are included in the program?
Leptospirosis Bordetella (kennel cough) are offered at a 10% discount.
These will be discussed and recommended depending on your pet’s lifestyle.
NOTE: some vaccines are done on an annual basis and some on a 3 year basis.
What are my obligations to remain active in the program?
To stay enrolled in the program, your pet will need the following done annually:
- Preventative Care exam
- Lyme Disease, Anaplasmosis, Ehrlichiosis, and Heartworm Disease Blood Parasite Screening (What is this?)
- Comprehensive Intestinal Parasite Screening (What is this?)
- Preventative Care Exam
- Comprehensive Intestinal Parasite Screening
- FIV/FeLV blood screening (one time if indicated) (What is this?)
Preventative Care visits, Blood Parasite Screenings, Intestinal Parasite Screenings at any other veterinary clinic will not fulfill the requirement to stay enrolled in program.
The Owner is responsible for these costs at the time of the appointment. (Veterinary services, Technician time, and medical waste fees are not included in the program).
If the FIV/FeLV was done at another licensed veterinary facility or shelter prior to adoption, that test results will be honored.
What if we are late for our visit?
In order to make this program useful to you and your pet, we must see your pet within a month (13 months total) of the Preventative Care Exam due date. If you do not come in for the exam within that time frame, then your policy becomes null and void. If this happens, you may either purchase vaccines and exams individually from that time on, or you may reenroll in the program.
To make it easier for you to keep track of when your pet is due for the yearly Preventative exam or any vaccine, you can sign up for our free App for your smart phone, by providing us with your email address. This App is very user friendly and is a valuable tool in maintaining your pet’s health. It can also include valuable information if traveling with your pet by allowing you to access medical records, lab results and vaccine information.
For Puppies and Kittens
Puppies and kittens require vaccinations every 4 weeks until they are 16-20 weeks of age. You are welcome to enroll your new pet in the program at their first visit. You would then pay a “Puppy/Kitten” Exam price at each visit (including doctor visits or technician visits) and receive the Rabies, Distemper and Lyme series vaccines for free and the pet would remain enrolled for the rest of his/her life! All vaccines in the puppy/kitten series need to be given in a timely fashion to be effective. You will need to return for the next boosters within 4 weeks to continue to be enrolled in the program. We can provide you with appointments and a schedule for the vaccine protocol that best fits your puppy and/or kitten.
The PLUS…Additional Savings
In addition to Free Vaccines for Life we are going one step further. Our Preventative Care for Life Program also includes:
- 10% discount on heartworm medications (when purchased in 6 or 12 month supply)
- 10 % discount on Flea and Tick preventatives (when purchased in 6 or 12 month supply)
- 10% discount on all dental products when your pet has his/her teeth cleaned
This program will save you hundreds of dollars over your pet’s lifetime and give us the opportunity to keep your pet as healthy as possible for as long as possible! Consider us your partner in keeping your best friend healthy and happy for years to come!
- There is a one time, per pet, nonrefundable enrollment fee to start the program- $99 for adult pets (21 weeks and older) and $125.00 puppies and kittens (20 weeks and younger)
- You may enroll as many pets as you’d like, but the program is not transferable to any other client or pet and it will not be honored by other animal hospitals.
- Enrollment fees are offered at this price for a limited time.
- Enrollment can be done even if the dog/cat isn’t due for any vaccines or testing at that time.
- Maintaining enrollment requires
- Dogs: yearly preventative care exam with a parasite blood screening and a comprehensive intestinal parasite screening
- Cats: yearly preventative care exam, comprehensive intestinal parasite screening, and FIV/FeLV blood screening (one time)
- Veterinary fees, Technician time, and medical waste fees are NOT included in the program and are the responsibility of the owner at the time of appointments.
- PLUS Additional savings of 10% on certain retail items, (excluding prescription diets)